Women's Health Practice (WHP) was founded in 1945. Dr. Lewis Trupin joined in 1961. The practice was then located at 301 East Springfield, Champaign, Illinois. Senior partner Dr. Suzanne Trupin began July 1, 1981. On January 3, 2000, Dr. Suzanne Trupin became sole owner of Women's Health Practice LLC. The practice relocated to the current facility on Neil Street in May of 2000 and has grown to include a single specialty office procedure suite that can provide anesthesia.
Dr. Lewis Trupin served as the first head of the newly formed College of Medicine branch of the University of Illinois from 1970 until 1981. Dr. Suzanne Trupin was appointed Head from 1981 until 1991, and then served as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology until 2010. She has authored numerous articles and publications and is regarded in the community as a leader in the area of women's health. She has had a regular radio show on the local NPR station since the early 1980s.
Since its founding, the practice has been an innovator and pioneer in the community. It was the first to offer Lamaze classes, LeBoyer births, laparoscopic surgery and advances in contraception. Immediately after the 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision, WHP established abortion care and has provided that option uninterrupted ever since. Women's Health Practice is committed to keeping our patients informed of new technologies and medical advancements.
"Very friendly and helpful staff. Doctor explained everything thoroughly."