Preparation for Appointment
- Check in with the receptionist.
- Present your picture ID to the receptionist.
- You will complete medical history and patient demographic forms.
- Your fee will be collected.
- You will be taken to the laboratory to check for anemia and also your Rh factor.
- You will then have an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy dating.
- Once we have gathered the information required, you will see our counselor for pregnancy options. These are private sessions to discuss your options and give you the necessary information to carry out your decision. You will be given all relevant information and instructions based on your individual situation and this will be the opportunity to ask medical questions or to review information from any prior visits to your physician for this pregnancy.
- If you're planning to have a surgical procedure, please bring one person with you to drive you home. The amount of time spent in the office depends on how far pregnant you are, so those specific instructions will be discussed separately.
- Do not take aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, or ibuprofen at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you regularly take medications or vitamins you may continue those.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, the day before your appointment.
"Women's Health Practice treated me as if I was family. They respected my choice and made me feel very comfortable. Keep up the great work!"